Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Flight !!!

WOW... I was so stressed out about this flight. I know that it's an observation flight, but still... I was so worried about it.
My flight is do Damascus (DAM) and it's overnight, turn-around flight. My reporting time for the briefing is 22:35 and the first thing that happened is that my transport came about 40 min late so I hardly made it for the briefing. We flew on airbus 320 which is a small aircraft. Coral Economy was not even half full, so we had a lot of nothing-doing during the flight LOL I had and amazing crew as well as Cabin Manager. They made the this experience so special for me. The moment I met the crew and step on the aircraft, my stress just went away in a second.
At the take-offs and landings I had a chance to sit in the cockpit with the pilots and watch them flying the aircraft- WOW let me tell you- what an experience!!! This is something I won't forget till the rest of my life !
The whole flight, both sectors went unbelievably smooth.. we even managed to get to both destinations (AUH-DAM ; DAM-AUH) before time... which is great!
I love it even more now than during training !!!

7 comments:

Michela said...

Hey Nikita!
Congratulations on finishing successfully your training and on having such a good time in your first flight! Our first flight is unforgettable (I still remember mine 3 years ago while I was back home flying TAM...) Well, for now, I just finished my first week of training and tomorrow we´re going to begin with our first SEP week of training... I still have all the way to get to my graduation, but this part is so important that I´m certain that I must enjoy it now.

Well, I wish you happy and wonderful flights and hopefully we´ll meet soon.

Michela

Anonymous said...

Gongratulation on your first flt Nikita,and secondly Happy birthday...
SHABID frm cc.com

Anonymous said...

congrats Nikita!!! so a new ife has started:)))
imagine today i also had the golden call...i start on 8th march....im so happy:)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikita,


I have a question for you, hope you will help me: what about the salary at Etihad? How much per month?

I saw a lot of comments on cabincrew.com, but I need to know your feedback too.

Thank you,

Isabelle

Anonymous said...

hello nikita,

my name is nele szczudlo i am also from polish roots,i live in belgium and i go to abu dhabi 16 off march also to work for ethihad airlines :-) i am soooo exited ,can you tell me more about the life in abu dhabi ,what are you doing on free days ??or in the evening?? is there a lot to do ??can you go to the beach?? i just dont knowwhat to expect .... :-) and how is the appartement where you live in?? is it nice??? greetings nele

Nikita said...

Michela - Thank You and good luck with your training.

Shabid- glad to see that you are still checking out my blog :) thank you for the b-day wishes.

Nita- Good luck with your big move... you will love it !!!

Isabelle- for the first 6 month our basic salary is 2500 dirhams and after that it's 3500 dirhams ( for regular cabin crew) plus our hourly pay and plus layover money. Once we start flying the full month , we can expect about 8ooo-12000 dirhams a month which is quite good considering that it's tax free and all living expenses are paid for by Etihad. They just started the hourly pay this year which means that now we are going to earn more money by doing turnarounds than layovers. I hope that answers your question.

Nele- congrats on getting the job... get ready for a lot of studying :)
Our apartments are very nice and all furnished... so no need to worry about anything on the beginning. Most of the city buildings are within 5-10 minutes by cab to the Corniche beach which is really nice but quite crowded.
At night we have plenty of clubs and bars that we can go to.. some of them even offer 50% discount for Etihad cc. We have s lot of shopping malls and anything you'd want .. you'll find it here or in Dubai which is only about and 1,5 hour drive.
In Al Jazeera building ( the most fancy one :) we have "fit 2 fly" club with swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, gym, fitness classes, lounge, internet room , spa, hair salon, and restaurant... and mostly all of that for free ( except for last 3 )
As you see.... you won't get bored here... there is plenty to do in AD.

Once more.. thank you for reading my blog... and good luck to all of you !!!!

Anonymous said...

SO FUN to read ur experience...!!!