Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fire In Galley 6 !!!!


Beginning of the class - Quiz as usual. Got 100% on it. The quiz is pretty easy if you study as much as I do LOL (and I study only about 2/3 hours a day hihihihi).
We had our show-and -tell session of all the fire equipment and later we got to see the trainers fight the real fire in the fire stimulator. We all are going to do the same tomorrow, but for today we just had a lot of theory and a lot of info on all the equipment.
When there is a fire in the cabin we can't scream " FIRE " so we got our own signal to trigger the required responses from other crew members ... and it's going to be " I need Backup!!" and then one other crew member is going to come and help us with the fire , third crew member is going to let the captain and cabin manager know of the situation and the fourth is going to come down the passengers and give them instructions. So we got 4 people in that situation: fire fighter, backup, communicator and crowd controller. It's all about team work guys !!!
By the time we finished our class... we got like 4 different homeworks for tomorrow. First we need to learn by heart the fire fighting drill, then be able to locate the equipment on the diagram, then study for our quiz tomorrow and last we got a reading assignment.
After I got home I started learning the drill, but in record time I fell asleep. I guess they were right when they warned us that the SEP Manual puts you to sleep better than any sleeping pill LOL. But I slept for only an hour and then got back to studying.

No comments: