Monday, December 1, 2008

A330-200 ( I know- it looks scary , but it's only an Airbus LOL )


We got to the point when we can have a closer look at the airplane !!!
First we started off with the definition of a flight, some basic aerodynamics and a little bit of physics. We talked about main parts of the airplane from the inside and from the outside, and later on we had a deep look at Airbus 330-200. We talked about main features of the aircraft, on how the things work, how it's builded etc.
At some point we got to go to the stimulator for familiarization ( to familiarize our selfs with the airplane ). We got to try jump seats, pilot seats, we had a look at main safety features and we got to touch and try all of it !!! It was fun... even tho the stimulator is still not finished ( it's still under project ).
Just as we did yesterday, we got our reading assignment for tomorrow as well as we have to learn all the things that we talked about today, because tomorrow we'll have a quiz from it.
After the class, me and 4 of my batch mates had to go back to the Etihad Medical Center for vaccinations... oh God- not again this messy place LOL
We arrived there at about 4:30 and to our surprise it was already closed..... but since we already had our appointments, they let us in. It took us only like, 20 min. so we were shocked that it was done so fast. After that I was trying to catch a cab for like 20 minutes with no success. I walked by a clothing store and I decided to go shopping if I was already there. I went in ,and got couple of white button up shirts for the training, since we are not going to have our uniforms for another 3-4 weeks.
Now, I need to go study again for the quiz.... ufffff....

3 comments:

Michela said...

Hi Nikita!
It seems to me that the training has really started now, isn´t it?
I remember my past trainings here in Brazil... first week were only about "guest speakers"... By the second we started to really get into the flying thing: SEP, aircraft, and so on... It is really exhausting!!! I know that! But it goes fast... and I can´t wait to be on it again - and this time for ETIHAD!!!

Take care my dear!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikita,
I would like to ask you something. How long after the interview do you have to wait for the final answer? What if you don't get anything to hear from them? I had my assessment day on Friday 28 Nov and got to the last stage. I am waiting for the answer since 4 days.
What should I do?

Nikita said...

HI !
they should call you about one week after your assessment day to let you know if they are processing your application, but before that you should receive " congratulation" email. So just wait... it will come.
And congrats for making it this far !!!