Thursday, November 27, 2008

City Tour and our first payday :o)







Today we went for the city tour. Our "tour guide" was Amir. He showed us the most important landmarks of Abu Dhabi. We saw the airport and the new terminals from outside, Emirates Palace, Marina Mall, Al Jazeera Building ( which is the newest Etihad building ) and much more. Our favorite part was of course the Al Jazeera Building, since that where is the "Fit to Fly" club. This club is exclusive for Cabin Crew. It has the gym, outdoor pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, internet, lounge, restaurant, massage showers, beauty salon, and massage rooms. And all of that for free !!! ( except for beauty services, restaurant and massage which we get with a huge discount.. YAY....). The building itself is only 1 year old and is really high class.... I'd love to live there, but the waiting list for that building is like 1 year long LOL
After we finished our city tour, we went back to the Academy to have a meeting with the operations manager and HR. The first one talked about time management and operational services of all Etihad departments. And HR collected our passports for the visa issuance and talked about our pay schedule, layover allowance, pay days etc. At the end we received our "food allowance" for the whole training in a form of prepaid debit card..... it's time to go shopping :o)
We finished at 15:30 and went home. I was in rush because my friends came to pick me up from Dubai and they were already waiting for me and I wasn't event packed yet LOL.
They went shopping to the mall while I was getting my stuff ready and we left Abu Dhabi at 17:30. it took us 1,5 hour to get to Dubai.
I was in shock when we got to their house, and I actually find out that it was Thanksgiving Day LOL I totally forgot about that. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner with the whole family, and of course big Turkey. After that we got ready to go out.
We went to the club called CHI ( old "Lodge" ). It was very nice there: big R&B and Hip Hop room, and outdoor- techno/house music. We danced the night away and left that place at about 3. After that we went to my friends house and straight away went to sleep since I was up since 5:30 morning the day before LOL... so almost 24 hours.
It was a really fun night... It just feels so different to go out in this country, where you actually can dance outdoor without worrying about the weather and enjoy it to the fullest. But I still want to go to a beach party...ASAP !!!!

1 comment:

Ale*Pujol said...

Nikita is really nice to follow your training days and days off! Like Michela I´m brazilian and i´ll be there by mid January/2009. Just doing all the pre-med exams now lol !
Have fun and let´s keep in touch.
Alessandra Pujol