Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day Off... and trip to Dubai !!!

I went to sleep at little past midnight the day before and did not get up until noon today LOL... I was so knocked out, it's not even funny... all my body hurts from caring all the luggage. First I called my friend Linda that lives in Dubai, to let her know that I arrived. She told me that she wants to see me today, so we decided that I'll take a cab from Abu Dhabi to Dubai ( 1.5 hour ride ) and come to meet her after she finishes her work at 6 pm.
Before the scheduled trip, I went to Abu Dhabi Mall to get some food and other necessary things for my room and bathroom. After I finished shopping I went home and started cleaning my bathroom up until my taxi arrived... and as it did at 16:30, I grabbed my stuff and went to Dubai.
On our way to Dubai we hit some traffic , but it wasn't that bad.
We got to the city center and got lost on the highway because we missed one intersection and had to go around for about 15 min to get back to the same place ( yeah, bad thing about Dubai.. their road system is so chaotic that it's ALMOST impossible to get around LOL) ... for future reference- taxi from Abu Dhabi to Dubai costs 300 dirhams ( around $80 .. yes, that's expensive!!!).. but from my place to any of the malls it's only 5 dirhams ( $1.50).. so that's cool !!!
I got to Linda's work place at about 6:15 pm. We were soooo happy to see each other :o))) I have not seen her for almost a year!!! After that we went to see her new apartment and later we went to her house where she lives with her family until her apartment is finished.
Afterwards me, Linda, her sister and her brother went out to the mall for SUSHI !!!! YAY.. I've been craving sushi for a year now !!! We had a big feast of every kind of sushi , she even made me try the raw salmon.. and I have to admit that it was very good :o) ( because up until now I only ate California rolls LOL). After we stuffed our selfs with all this yummi food, they dropped me back to Abu Dhabi, where we arrived at about midnight.
I went straight to sleep since I need to get up at 5 am for the first day of my training ( our pick up bus arrives at 6:30 )
That was so far the most exciting day !!! I hope ,there's more to come !!!

No comments: