Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Medicals and Fitting Uniforms

Today our pick up was at 7:30. We got dropped to the Al Noor hospital, where our Etihad Medical Center is located. We had to do blood test, chest x-rays, urine test, doctor check-up, eye test and hearing test, they check our weight and hight and BMI ( body mass index - mine was 19.5, so a little underweight ) and our heart rates etc. We did almost everything except for the dentals which we have to do separately , and that is the only thing we have to pay for (only people like myself that did not do their medicals in their home country)
The day at the medical center was really chaotic, because we got there an hour before the center even opens, then we had a lot of forms to fill out. Than they started taking us one by one for the tests ( on top of that there was batch of cadet pilots that went before us ). We finished well past 14 and we were running so late that the pick up bus was not waiting for us so we had to call them and wait another 40 min for them to come and get us and drop us to the uniform store ( which is in my building) by 16:30.
At the Uniform store we as well spend good 2 hours and at the end they even forgot about me and one other girl and started closing the store before we were done. But at the end, we all got to try all the clothes and got measured for our uniforms and shoes. YAY... in about 4 weeks the uniforms will be ready, I can't wait !!!
After we were all done with that, me and 3 other girls went to the Mall. I needed to buy another white shirt and earings. It took me some time, but I found what I needed and went home.

No comments: