Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grooming Training !!!!!

As I mentioned before, our Trainer for the Grooming is Goddess ( LOL... Aommar ).
We had a really nice day with him. First we learned about the Uniform and the cooperate image of Etihad. The girls had their chance to try the hat with the veil and the coat. Later he talked to the guys about shaving and mens cosmetics and let them finish earlier, since now, us girls we had make up and hair show-and-tell :o)
He told us about all kind of cosmetics that we should be using once we start flying, since our skin can become more dry and sensitive. He gave us a good list of cosmetics that we can buy and that he highly recommends. After that we had make up demonstration on couple of the girls from our batch. Aommar was actually working before as a make up artist on the London Fashion Week and for big cosmetics companies like Shiseido. At the end he also showed us how to do a french twist and how to do the bun. I helped with that part of this training, since I have 6 years experience as a hairstylist :o)
This whole training was based on the beauty industry, so as expected, it was my favorite subject.
After the Academy, around 18:30 I met up with few of my batch mates to celebrate one of our friends birthday. We were group of 9 people, so we went to the restaurant in Abu Dhabi Mall. We had so much fun just hanging out that we actually spent there like 3 hours LOL. We got a piece of cake for Sean and sang him Happy Birthday ( and after that I sang a little bit of the same song, but in Arabic- they were all in shock that I knew it LOL). It was such a nice evening. My batch mates are really great... love them all !!!

No comments: